Sunday, June 6, 2010

Who's that girl?

Model? No. Celebrity? No. Celebrity Stylist? No. Heiress? No. Editor? No. Designer? Well, she does make jewelry and handbags …but she was well-known on Manhattan’s social scene wayyy before then. How? No one really knows! How do you have a closet full of designer pieces, attend almost all major fashion events and parties, are good friends with a handful of people in high society (Tinsley Mortimer, Zac Posen, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Alexander Wang... to name a few) but don't have a job? What?! Hmm...I don't know, but she must be doing something right (definitely need to get like her). Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "Mommy and Daddy got her covered." But that's not even the half of it! Her parents are normal, hardworking, middle-class people who probably never even dreamed of walking around in outfits worth thousands of dollars. Everyone wants to know who she is and where she came from. Some say she started her jewelry and handbag collection just so people would stop nagging about what she does and why she’s there! Whatever it is, Genevieve Jones is someone to keep your eye on. This fun, classy, chic party girl has a style that I personally admire. She’s also one of the only blacks (she could very well be the only black) on New York’s predominantly white high society social scene. So she really stands out. Get it girl! Designers even give her the latest pieces from their collections…for FREE! (I'm hatin' hard...)They constantly ask her to wear their clothes because they know she’ll be photographed at some high society event; great exposure for their pieces. They love the fact that she's styling the clothes they give her instead of a stylist putting together their clothes to throw on a celebrity. Geneive Jones, i say do you! I know if I were in her shoes I'd be loving my glamorous lifestyle just as she is....even if my charm and great sense of style were the reason for it (And you know you would too!). Here are some pieces from her handbag and jewelry collections -I love the bedazzled safety pins!




You can view her entire collection here: http://http//www.genevieve-jones.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello sweety this is a wonderful blog! I loved the post from yesterday! The jacket is so cute! I am looking forward to more posts soon!

RJ said...

Loving the fact that you're coming hard by starting with topics involving some of the most influential African American IN the fashion industry. Most intriguing.

 
color me BLACK