Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"And the Fashion Icon Award goes to..."

IMAN!! I wish that I could've been at the 2010 CFDA [Council of Fashion Designers of America] Awards last night. They presented this drop dead gorgeous supermodel from Somalia with the Fashion Icon Award. Yess! You know I love to see blacks in the industry getting recognized! She's worked with notable names in the industry including Yves Saint Laurent, Gianna Versace and Vogue (the latter being her FIRST assignment). The 2010 CFDA Awards were held at the Lincoln Center in New York (soon to be the new location of the Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week). Others who were recognized for their outstanding work in the fashion industry included Marc Jacobs for Womanswear Designer of the Year, Marcus Wainwright and David Neville (for Rag & Bone) for Menswear Designer of the Year, and Alexis Bittar for Accessory Designer of the Year. The awards ceremony also paid a special tribute to the late Alexander Mcqueen which was presented by Sarah Jessica Parker. I can't wait to be on the guest list for this event!! For a list of all honorees recognized at the 2010 CFDA Awards click here:http://www.cfda.com/category/news/

1 comments:

RJ said...

I actually READ your posts! I'm impressed.

 
color me BLACK