Saturday, June 5, 2010

Playful Prints

Spring/Summer 2010 means PRINTS! And lots of em. I would definitely recommend looking for at least one...two...maybe three playful printed pieces to add to your wardrobe if you haven’t already. But if “prints” aren’t your thing I totally understand (all the cool kids are doing it though…).

I was too excited when I found this blazer at the thrift store in DC. Got it for $7, BAM! You’re jealous right? Its off-white color makes it great to pair with fun, bright summer colors (yay for bright
blue!) I love that it’s a boyfriend blazer AND has a floral print, giving it a girly twist. To make it a little more shrown [grown and sexy; got it from HU], I paired it with a slim fitting top and skirt [shown above].

When you get a chance, check out the Spring/Summer 2010 collections by Tracy Reese (woo! black designer - definetely blogging about her soon), Derek Lam, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. I loved the ways they chose to incorporate prints in their collections; floral, polka dots, stripes, stars, abstract shapes and much more! There were a lot of other designers who had fab pieces too, but these ones really stood out to me.

Blazer: thrift store, Top: Forever 21, Skirt: Nordstrom, Flats: 344, Bangles: Forever 21



0 comments:

 
color me BLACK