Thursday, June 3, 2010

Never fear, June's here!

So I was going through my closet the other day and realized that it was still full of a TON of winter clothes. Coats, sweaters, boots …huh? It’s definitely June. Transitioning my wardrobe to spring/summer has been long overdue. Ugh, I can’t stand going through all of my clothes and taking the time to figure out what stays and what goes into storage. Can you relate? (or am I just lazy?) Well, I knew I couldn’t do it all on my own, so who better to turn to than fashion designer and celebrity stylist, June Ambrose. This lady is the BOMB! Get familiar. The lovely Ms. Ambrose has styled well-known celebs – like Mariah Carey and Jay Z- and started her own company “Mod Squad” in 1994. I want her job! She also wrote a book in 2006 called “Effortless Style,” -which I had to buy - that teaches women how to style themselves from the inside out along with some fab styling tricks and tips. Yeah, she’s doing it pretty big. One thing that I loveeee about her is the fact that she takes time out of her busy schedule to post videos talking about her recent fashion finds, styling and wardrobe advice, and while she’s on the set of videos/films talking to celebs that she’s styling for….which brings me back to my dilemma. While browsing her recent posts I came across a video she posted about a month ago called “June Ambrose Falls out of the Closet!” My first thought was “ohhh gosh, this is about to be hilarrrr! (yeah, I say hilarr instead of hilarious lol)” Now this video clearly needs to be renamed. I would've missed out if I hadn't clicked on it just for the fun of it! It turned out to be a video where June invites us to a section of her wardrobe that shes working on transitioning into spring/summer. Ding ding ding! Not gunna lie, it did make life a lot easier. So for those of you who are like me and have yet to transition your wardrobe or if you want some ideas for great transitional pieces you can check out her video here:

0 comments:

 
color me BLACK