Thursday, January 6, 2011

Obama Wears His Flip Flops

Photo Credit: Reuters via shine.yahoo.com
Barack Obama. Let's see...President of the United States, father, husband, human-being. Why is the press horrified that he wore rubber flip flops while vacationing in Hawaii? Calm down; no fashion dilemma from my standpoint. I thought it was hilarious that he was featured on the cover of the The New York Post for wearing his rubbers. I'm pretty sure there are more important things to worry about (like the war in Afghanistan...I'm just sayin'). This reminded me of high school when my principal decided to ban wearing flip flops (I guess they were afraid of us spilling chemicals on ourselves in science class or something...whatever). My friend Andrew, like the rest of the school, was heated and made signs with a picture of open-toed Jesus that read "If Jesus can wear flip flops, so can we!" and posted them in the school. So Obama, in case the press gets too hard on you, use that line as your excuse; it should do the trick.

0 comments:

 
color me BLACK