Sunday, September 5, 2010

The "it" bag of the season?

Looking for the perfect bag to start the season off right? Look no further; and boyyy are you in for a treat. Want to know what bag will have people turnin' heads and breakin' necks (maybe that was a little much)? Nope, it's not a bag by Louis, Gucci, Prada, or Versace. It's the oh so  classy flashy Michelle Obama bag! It's a little risk-ay if I do say so myself. Mrs. Obama wearing pearls, a red, polka-dot body suit, fishnets and doing the hula-hoop? Now that's at trip (better yet, a journey). I'd say it's....erm ---- chic. I had a good laugh when I saw this on display at this adorable store called Nomad that my bestie and I stumbled upon while walking through Porter Square. (Oh, and no, this is definitely not the "it" bag of the season for those of you who didn't catch on...ha) This is definitely not you're average clothing store. It was like I was walking into an old-fashioned Mexican home with an explosion of colors filled with Mexican and African American cultural pieces (and I'm not just talking about clothes). There was an overabundance of jewelry, paintings, books, rugs, bags, statues, mirrors, AND vintage clothing (I'm sure I left a few things out, there was just so much stuff!). I'm pretty sure a lot of it was hand-made; which would explain some of the ridiculous prices. My bad for not taking pictures of the clothes, there was just so much stuff! If you're thinking about going to Boston anytime soon, be sure to check it out!

0 comments:

 
color me BLACK